Victim identified in fatal Lexington County house fire
LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC – One person is dead after a home fire in Red Bank late Sunday night, according to the Town of Lexington.
Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher identified the victim as 64-year-old Rosemary Cseh. Fisher said Cseh died from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of the fire.
The fire happened at the 100 block of Darian Drive around 11:45 p.m.
Smoke and flames could be seen when firefighters and EMS arrived on scene. Firefighters entered the home and found the victim, which they confirmed was dead. The victim’s name has not yet been released.
Firefighters discovered there were no working smoke alarms in the home. The home suffered around $45,000 in damages and there were no other people inside the home during the fire.
The Lexington County Fire Marshall’s Office is continuing top investigate the incident.