West Columbia, SC - Registration opens in January for Lexington Two early childhood education programs for rising 4K, 5K and first grade students.
Parents/guardians will have two ways to register:
-- Online at the district website, www.lex2.org, which allows users to fill out an application and upload the required documents any time of day.
-- In person, from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays at the Lexington Two school your child would normally attend.
Early registration is key. Parents who register early will be the first notified. Early registration also helps the district ensure proper teacher-student staffing ratios for classrooms.
Parents/guardians must have these documents to register, whether online or in person:
-- Child’s birth certificate (long form required)
-- Child’s immunization certificate
-- Two proofs of residence (one utility bill and a rental lease/mortgage)
-- Proof of income for full-day 4K only (acceptable forms of proof: child’s Medicaid card, parent/guardian’s pay stub or income tax information).
Early childhood education classes for 4K, 5K and first grade students will start in August. All classes are full-day and follow the district calendar.
REGISTERING FOR THE 4K PROGRAM IN LEXINGTON TWO? FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1. Your child must be 4 on or before September 1, 2018.
2. Families must live in the Lexington School District Two attendance area.
3. Family income must meet federal Free & Reduced Lunch guidelines for full-day 4K programs only. Regardless of income, early registration is encouraged.
4. Your child will participate in a school readiness assessment in early spring. All required documents must be turned in before the assessment.
5. The school readiness assessment typically lasts 45 minutes (including small breaks for the child). Your child will be administered the Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning Fourth Edition.