House fire in Red Bank leaves a family displaced
Red Bank, SC (Jonathan Hurst) - A single story house in the 100 block of Willow Fork Ct in Red Bank is left empty and a family displaced.
Dispatch received the call just before 5 p.m. As the first units arrived, they reported smoke and fire showing from the front of the house and from a outside wall. As more fire personnel arrived on the scene, they began to lay supply lines from near by hydrants to start extinguishing the fire.
One witness that lives in the area said she was passing by as the fire was burning and was in shock. Once the fire was extinguished the house was turned back over to the family.
The home is owned by a mother and her kids; they just moved to the area. The mother stated that another family member was home cooking when grease ignited, causing the fire. The family member ran out of the house and realized a pet hamster was still inside. They ran back into the burning house to save the pet. The mother and kids were not home at the time but arrived a short time later after being notified.
"I'm happy that everyone is safe and my hamster is okay. The house and all my things can be replaced," said one of the children. Wise words from a young person.
The mother stated the family member that was home was transported to an area hospital with burns to the feet and possible smoke inhalation.
Photographs by Jonathan Hurst