Pelion, SC - Lexington County residents will have the opportunity to recycle electronics and shred paper documents on Saturday, August 18, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Forts Pond Elementary School, located at 7350 Fish Hatchery Rd, Pelion, SC 29123.
This event is being hosted by the County of Lexington Solid Waste Management department with assistance from Keep the Midlands Beautiful.
Paper Shredding will be performed on site. Residents will be limited to five (5) boxes or bags per household. Business material will not be accepted.
• Residents will be limited to eight (8) electronic items per household.
• Electronic waste must have been generated from a residence within Lexington County for this event. Commercial waste will not be accepted.
• Refrigeration units will not be accepted.
• Electronic waste (computers, monitors, printers, TVs) must be kept intact, must be recycled and may not be placed in the garbage in accordance with the SC Code of Law, 48-60-05 et seq.
• Up to five (5) electronics per day are also accepted year-round, free of charge, from Lexington County residents at the Lexington County Edmund Landfill, located at 498 Landfill Lane, Lexington, SC 29073.
The following electronics will be accepted:
• Cell phones
• Computers (CPUs, laptops, mainframes, accessories, monitors)
• Gaming systems and equipment
• Medical equipment
• Printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners (ink removed)
• Rechargeable batteries
• Stereo equipment and radios
• VCR and DVD Players
For more information and future recycling dates, please visit the Lexington County Solid Waste Management website at www.lex-co.sc.gov/solidwaste or contact us at (803) 755-3325.