B.C. High School evacuated for a short time Monday due to gas leak
Cayce, SC (Paul Kirby) – Officers with the Cayce Department of Public Safety and school administrators at B.C. High School evacuated portions of B.C. High School Monday after a gas line at the school began to leak. The evacuation was undertaken as a safety precaution. Students and staff were not in any danger according to officials with the Cayce DPS.
Officials responded to inspect the leaking gas line and repair it. Once the gas was shut off and the building was cleared, students were allowed to return to class.