111 North 12th Street

West Columbia, SC 29169

 $50 instore rebate off

4 tires

 Plus 50% off alignment 

Overheating equipment causes fire department response at Lexington Medical Center Operating Room Mon

West Columbia, SC (Paul Kirby) – A staff member in Operating Room #16 at the Lexington Medical Center’s South Tower caused a short evacuation of that area after pulling the fire alarm Monday evening. According to Jennifer Wilson, public relations manager for the Lexington Medical Center, the staff member pulled the fire alarm after they noticed a smell of something burning. This was done as a precaution to ensure that there was no danger or that there might actually be fire that could be spreading.

Firefighters from Lexington County and the City of West Columbia Fire Department responded and checked out the area where the smell was strongest. Eventually, they located a piece of electrical equipment that was overheating and disconnected it. There was no damage to the rest of the building, no one was injured, and no one was in danger as a result of the problem.

Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger
Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

Nancy Road Digital Media Inc.

                                                                                      DBA: The Lexington Ledger

Contact: (803) 587-3144                                                                                                           Tips call the hotline at: (803) 587-3144

email: thelexingtonledger@gmail.com                                                                                      Content protected by US copyright laws

                                                                                                                                                 Advertising / marketing call Paul (803) 587-3144

                                                                                                                                                                                               

© 2023 by "This Just In". Proudly created with Wix.com