1728 N Lake Dr, Lexington, SC

(803) 359-0507

Come visit our new 5,000 sf.

showroom for the greatest people & selection in the Midlands!

Irmo Fire District had to close major road after workers broke gas main on Black Friday

November 29, 2019

Irmo, SC (Paul Kirby) - A construction crew struck a gas main early Friday breaking it near the intersection of Bush River and Westover Road. Bush River Road was completely closed due to safety concerns. Some residents sheltered in their houses while other homes were evacuated. 


The Irmo Fire District got the call around 10:20 a.m. Friday. A construction company working in the area hit the main causing the leak. The first reports indicated that the leak was actively spewing gas. There was a genuine concern for residents in the area that the natural gas would ignite. 


Dominion Energy eventually arrived and repaired the line. Firefighters were prepared if something ignited the gas causing an explosion or fire. People were allowed to return home or go about their business only after the leak was controlled. 




Please reload

Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger
Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

Nancy Road Digital Media Inc.

                                                                                      DBA: The Lexington Ledger

Contact: (803) 587-3144                                                                                                           Tips call the hotline at: (803) 587-3144

email: thelexingtonledger@gmail.com                                                                                      Content protected by US copyright laws

                                                                                                                                                 Advertising / marketing call Paul (803) 587-3144


© 2023 by "This Just In". Proudly created with Wix.com