111 North 12th Street

West Columbia, SC 29169

 $50 instore rebate off

4 tires

 Plus 50% off alignment 

Shealy’s PDQ Too owners working hard to recover from kitchen fire Thursday

Edmund, SC (Paul Kirby) – Shealy’s PDQ Too, a popular diner style restaurant located at #1 Crystal Springs Drive between Pelion and Edmund, was closed early Thursday by a kitchen fire. The fire, reported before 7:00 a.m., apparently started and was mostly confined to the kitchen area.

The person who reported the fire told 911 operators that the stove had malfunctioned and was burning inside the small building. Lexington County firefighters were enroute from across south and central Lexington County. Because Shealy’s is a commercial structure, the computer aided dispatch system recommends a larger response. Many trucks and firefighters respond and can be cleared if the first due senior firefighter reports those resources are not needed.

The first due fire engine reported that there was smoke coming from the building when they pulled up. Firefighters pulled a hose from that truck and made entry into the restaurant. The crew reported that they still saw some flames in the area of the kitchen. Smoke had filled the building as well. The fire was quickly extinguished and many of the responding trucks were cleared to return to their stations before arriving on scene.

Shealy’s is well-known as a good spot for three meals a day and lots of conversation. Many locals and hardworking people often stop for a hot breakfast or a meat and three for lunch. They also served burgers and fries, chicken wings and other diner staples. You often found local politicians, law enforcement officers, EMS crews, and workers from various businesses there eating when they were open.

By mid-day Thursday, contractors were at the restaurant pressure washing the outdoor deck and trying to get the business back open. Shealy’s, like most family owned restaurants, had been affected as they adapted their business to operate under Governor McMaster’s orders during the pandemic.

We have sent a message to the owner operators regarding the amount of damage the fire did and when they might reopen. We haven’t heard back from them yet. We will let the community know when they will be able to serve again as soon as they give us that information. We will update the public of that via social media.

Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger
Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

Nancy Road Digital Media Inc.

                                                                                      DBA: The Lexington Ledger

Contact: (803) 587-3144                                                                                                           Tips call the hotline at: (803) 587-3144

email: thelexingtonledger@gmail.com                                                                                      Content protected by US copyright laws

                                                                                                                                                 Advertising / marketing call Paul (803) 587-3144

                                                                                                                                                                                               

© 2023 by "This Just In". Proudly created with Wix.com