Guignard Park Announces Grand Re-Opening; New Improvements
CAYCE, SC – It’s official! The City of Cayce’s Guignard Park will reopen on Saturday, October 15th at 11:00am. Please join us for the grand reopening festivities that morning! The park is reopening after undergoing multiple improvements over thepast months.
The Re-Opening festivities will kick off with Mayor Elise Partin speaking at 11:00am and will also feature a pop up event from11:00am to 5:00pm with local artists showcasing and selling their work. The Cayce Avenues Association will be grilling hot dogs for guests, and guided walks showcasing the improvements to the park will be provided.
Improvements to the park include:
· New ADA compliant sidewalks for access to various points throughout the park
· Replaced benches, picnic tables, and trashcans
· Utilized reclaimed brick pavers for the entrance and various seating areas
· New retaining wall along the creek and creek stabilization
· Added a new picnic shelter and improved existing picnic shelters
· Bicycle racks installed at parking lot
· Installation of permanent concrete Ping-Pong table
The Mayor will be playing at the new concrete Ping-Pong table with any residents who would like to join her! This is a free, family-friendly event! We hope many of our residents will join in the fun and enjoy the many new features Guignard Park has to offer.