County of Lexington Offers Tips and Tricks for Holiday Recycling in the County
Lexington, SC - After the holidays, don’t let your Christmas tree end up buried with the trash – recycle it!
Natural Christmas trees and greenery can be brought to the Lexington County Wood Grinding Facility, located at 498 Landfill Lane, where they will be ground up and processed into mulch and compost.
If you plan on recycling your Christmas tree, make sure you:
Remove all lights, tinsel, ornaments, wire, and ties from the tree.
Remove the tree from stands and bags.
Other natural greenery accepted, but without wire, twine, tinsel, lights and ornaments.
You can drop Christmas trees and greenery at the following locations:
Ball Park Road – 301 Ball Park Rd, Lexington
Bush River Road – 6109 Bush River Rd, Columbia
Chapin – 103 Distant Ln, Chapin
Edmund – 325 Landfill Lane, Lexington
Sandhills – 3241 Charleston Hwy, Cayce
Southeast – 538 Martin Neese Rd, Swansea
Many more locations found here: http://keepthemidlandsbeautiful.org/grinding-of-the-greens/
Open: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday; 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sun 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
How do you properly dispose of cooking oil after you are done cooking? The answer is simple: recycle it.
Use the Cooking Oil collection container at your nearest Lexington County Collection and Recycle Center. The centers are open Monday, Wednesday,Friday and Saturday from 7 a.m. tp 7 p.m., and on Sundays from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. The centers will be closed on New Year’s Day and Christmas.
· Ball Park Road 301 Ball Park Rd, Lexington
· Pelion 1325 South Pine St, Pelion
· Bush River Road 6109 Bush River Rd, Columbia
· River Chase 110 River Chase Way, Lexington
· Chapin 103 Distant Ln, Chapin
· Sandhills 3241 Charleston Hwy, Cayce
· Edmund 325 Landfill Ln, Lexington
· Summit 419 Sandpit Rd, Leesville
· Hollow Creek 125 Beulah Church Rd, Gilbert
· Southeast 538 Martin Neese Rd, Swansea
· Leesville 702 South Lee St, Leesville