New Logo.PNG
Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger

Mobile home burns in South Congaree

South Congaree, SC (Paul Kirby) – A single-wide mobile home caught fire and burned on Pine Street in the town of South Congaree Monday morning. The fire was reported at approximately 11:00 a.m. in the 1800 block of Pine Street just north of Main Street.

Ladder 5 out of South Congaree was one of the first pieces of equipment to arrive at the fire. They reported that the small home had smoke and flames that had already consumed more than half of the home.

The firefighters pulled several hose lines and made their attack. They reported that the fire was under control about 20 minutes after they first arrived on the scene.

One of the trucks that was enroute to the fire lost some of its fire hose on Emanuel Church Road while traveling to the fire. Although this isn’t common, it does occasionally occur when supply hoses or attack lines are dislodged from their place on a truck due to road conditions. No one was injured and no property was immediately reported damaged as a result of this situation.

An official from the fire service quickly responded to the location and began to move the hose out of the roadway until it could be inspected and then reloaded on the apparatus. This didn’t appear to cause any delay in the response to the fire. The truck that lost the hose was acting in a supportive role and continued to the fire.

Although the firefighters quickly controlled the fire, it appeared as if the home and its contents were a complete loss. The exact cause of the fire hasn’t been released by fire officials.

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144