New Logo.PNG

Woman injured with grease at fire in Pelion

Pelion, SC (Paul Kirby) – A woman was injured as a grease fire damaged her home on Forts Pond Road near Fort Ridge Trail in Pelion Monday. The fire occurred around noon as county firefighters were battling a mobile home fire near South Congaree.

First arriving units found that the fire had spread to the cabinets and the walls of the kitchen. The woman who lived in the home was burned by the flaming grease, but escaped the fire and was waiting near the porch before the first responders arrived. She did not want to be transported to the hospital for treatment according to initial radio reports between the trucks and the dispatch center.

Once firefighters arrived on the scene, they quickly pulled their hoses and put the fire out. They spent some time checking for any extension of the fire in the walls of the home to ensure that there weren’t any hidden pockets of heat or flames.

The fire was quickly controlled and declared out by the battalion chief on the scene. Some of the equipment from fire and EMS service were released within the hour and most of the units were back in quarters before 1:30 p.m.

Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger
Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144