111 North 12th Street

West Columbia, SC 29169

 $50 instore rebate off

4 tires

 Plus 50% off alignment 

Family of Five Displaced after Home Fire in 100 Block of Gum Street


Lexington, SC - A family of five was displaced after a fire broke out in their home in the 100 block of Gum Street, just before 8 a.m. Thursday morning.

Lexington County 911 dispatched Lexington County Fire Service and EMS after receiving the call for a residential structure fire. Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke coming from the residence.

Firefighters made entry into the home and performed an interior attack on the fire. Tanker operations were utilized to shuttle water to the incident scene.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire. Lexington County EMS personnel were on scene to perform firefighter rehabilitation operations. Eighteen Fire Service personnel from nine units responded to the scene.

The fire resulted in an estimated $30,000 in damages to the residence and contents. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced family, which consisted of two adults and three children.

The cause of the fire is believed to have started from a wood-fueled stove located inside of the residence.

Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger
Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

Nancy Road Digital Media Inc.

                                                                                      DBA: The Lexington Ledger

Contact: (803) 587-3144                                                                                                           Tips call the hotline at: (803) 587-3144

email: thelexingtonledger@gmail.com                                                                                      Content protected by US copyright laws

                                                                                                                                                 Advertising / marketing call Paul (803) 587-3144

                                                                                                                                                                                               

© 2023 by "This Just In". Proudly created with Wix.com