Chapin Town Council Meeting Scheduled
Chapin, SC – The Chapin Town Council will hold Public Hearings on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 5:45 p.m. and its Regular Town Council Meeting at 6:00 p.m. (or upon the completion of the Public Hearings) in the Council Chambers at Town Hall (157 NW Columbia Avenue, Chapin, SC 29036). The meeting agendas are below.
* Upon completion of the Public Hearing the Regular Town Council Meeting will start. **Citizens shall sign up prior to the start of Council Meeting and may be called to comment about issues related to the agenda for two minutes. Executive Session: S.C. Code Ann. § 30-4-70 Certain Town-related matters may need to be discussed confidentially as a matter of law (contractual arrangements, acquisition of real property, personnel matters, attorney-client communications) subject to applicable legal requirements, the Council may enter executive session by a majority vote to discuss such matters. Council may take action on matters discussed in Executive Session. Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the above noticed meeting should contact Town Hall the day before the meeting at 803-345-2444 ext. 224.
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the above noticed meetings should contact Town Hall the day before the meeting at 803-345-2444 ext. 224.
PUBLIC HEARINGS JULY 18, 2017 - *5:45 PM
1. CALL TO ORDER, DETERMINE QUORUM, SC FOIA STATEMENT
2. PRESENTATION TO ADOPT THE NEIGHBORHOOD COMMERCIAL (NC) ZONING DISTRICT FOR 161 COLUMBIA AVENUE – CHRIS CLAUSON a. PUBLIC COMMENTS b. COMMENTS BY TOWN COUNCIL
3. PRESENTATION TO AMEND THE FEE SCHEDULE ESTABLISHING RATES AND FEES FOR CERTAIN DEVELOPMENT ITEMS, SERVICES, AND PERMITS PROVIDED FOR IN TOWN CODE – CHRIS CLAUSON a. PUBLIC COMMENTS b. COMMENTS BY TOWN COUNCIL
4. PRESENTATION TO ESTABLISH CANDIDATE FILING FEES FOR THE OFFICES OF MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBER – JULIE HAMMOND a. PUBLIC COMMENTS b. COMMENTS BY TOWN COUNCIL
5. PRESENTATION TO ESTABLISH ARTICLE 8 OF CHAPTER 8 OF CHAPIN TOWN CODE TO DETAIL TOWN OWNED RENTAL FACILITIES – LAURA CULLER a. PUBLIC COMMENTS b. COMMENTS BY TOWN COUNCIL
JULY 18, 2017 6:00 P.M. OR *UPON COMPLETION OF THE PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. CALL TO ORDER, DETERMINE QUORUM, PRAYER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. STATEMENT OF FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT COMPLIANCE
3. REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES a. June 20, 2017 Public Hearing Minutes b. June 20, 2017 Town Council Meeting Minutes
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS RELATED TO AGENDA ITEMS**
5. MAYOR’S COMMENTS
6. RECOGNITIONS a. Captain Troy Crump – Retirement b. Zoning Board of Appeals – Mike Sorrells and Crystal Campbell
7. PRESENTATIONS a. Historical Society Update
8. REPORTS a. Financial Report b. Police Report c. Utility Report d. Zoning Report
9. OLD BUSINESS a. Ordinance – Re-Zone Property Located at 161 Columbia Ave – 2 nd Reading b. Ordinance – Amend Unified Development Fee Schedule – 2 nd Reading c. Ordinance – Setting a Filing Fee for Elections – 2 nd Reading d. Ordinance – Establishing Article 8 of Chapter 8, Town Owned Rental Facilities – 2 nd Reading
10. NEW BUSINESS a. Approval of South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) Agreement b. Ordinance – Update to Article 7, Section 703.8, of the Zoning Ordinance – 1 st Reading c. Ordinance – Lease Property Located at 102 Lexington Ave – 1 st Reading d. Request of Action – Bike/Pedestrian Master Plan
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION a. Section 30-4-70 (a) (2) – Discussion of Victim Advocate Agreement b. Section 30-4-70 (a) (2) – Discussion of Rental Agreement c. Section 30-4-70 (a) (2) – Discussion of Town Owned Properties