New Logo.PNG

Small oven fire causes WKHS evacuation

LEXINGTON, S.C. — At 10:45 a.m., White Knoll High School cafeteria staff noticed a small fire in one of the ovens.

Administrators pulled the fire alarm and evacuated the building while staff used fire extinguishers to put out the fire.

Although this all took place within five minutes, everyone stayed outside for another 45 minutes until the Lexington County Fire Service decided it was safe to return (around 11:30 a.m.). Since then, all students are receiving a later than normal lunch with the help of Carolina Middle School and Food Services staff.

Fire Service officials determined the fire was caused by an oven malfunctioning.

Keep Your News Free - Donate to The Ledger
Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144