Ridge Spring waste pesticide collection event set
Columbia, SC - The South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) is offering SC residents the opportunity to safely dispose of outdated, unusable or unwanted pesticides. The event will take place oon Tuesday, April 24 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm behind the office of Ridge Spring Farmers Mutual at 901 West Main Street in Ridge Spring.
The pesticide and chemical program is open to all private, commercial and non-commercial pesticide applicators in the state, as well as homeowners. SCDA staff will be on site to monitor pesticide collection and disposal, and will have final authority on acceptance of products.
- Chemical and pesticide quantities accepted will be limited to 2500 pounds of solid and 300 gallons of liquid at no charge.
- Pesticide products accepted include herbicides, insecticides, nematicides, fungicides, and similar products used in agricultural production or around the home.
- Rinsate will not be accepted.
- Fertilizer will not be accepted unless it is combined or co-packed with a pesticide such as weed and feed.
- No compressed gas cylinders (metal cylinders with a valve) or empty pesticide containers will be collected.
- Collection events may be cancelled due to inclement weather and will be posted on SCDA's website (www.agriculture.sc.gov). Possible makeup dates will be announced at a later date.
For more information about the collection, contact SCDA's John Sokes at (803) 737-9696 or email@example.com