New Logo.PNG

Fire service quickly extinguishes house fire in Pine Ridge

Pine Ridge, SC (Paul Kirby) – A house fire caused by an electrical issue on the exterior of a residence in Pine Ridge was quickly extinguished by firefighters Monday afternoon. According to Chief Fire Marshall Robert Risinger of the Lexington County Fire Service, a neighbor saw the fire on Coolbrook Drive in the Arborgate subdivision and called 911 shortly before 3:30 p.m. Upon the arrival of the first fire units, smoke was showing from the one side of the structure. Upon further investigation, the firefighters discovered that the vinyl siding on the exterior was burning. The smoke from the fire had extended into the attic area. The fire was extinguished within a few minutes and ventilation was performed to remove smoke from the attic area.

Risinger said that six fire units responded as did an EMS unit. In total, the fire and EMS services had 12 personnel on scene. The damage to the home was estimated at about $1,000.

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144