New Logo.PNG

UPDATE: Fire inside Tidewater Boats of Lexington

Lexington, SC (Paul Kirby) – A fire was reported inside the motor room at Tide Water Boats off Glassmaster Road just after 9:00 a.m. Wednesday. According to Harrison Cayhill, spokesman for Lexington County, the fire was caused when a forklift ignited.

Fire units from a number of Lexington County fire stations responded and when the first units arrived on the scene, they reported they had heavy smoke showing from the roof. They began pulling fire hoses to make their attack and reported they had an active fire that was threatening some propane tanks inside. The fire commander requested that another truck lay a supply hose in from a nearby fire hydrant.

Currently, officers from the Lexington Police Department are on the scene assisting firefighters with traffic control. At 9:48 a.m. the fire service reported that the fire was under control. Cayhill said that one worker at the company was slightly injured by smoke inhalation, but declined treatment by EMS.

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144