New Logo.PNG

Lexington County has funds for low to moderate income residents that could help pay someone to repai

Lexington, SC (Paul Kirby) – Lexington County has access to federal grant moeny that can be used to do repair work on the homes of low to moderate income people who qualify for the special program. The program, funded through HUD’s Community Development Block Grants and HOME Investment Partnership funds, helps residents improve the condition and safety of their homes. Now they want people to know these funds are available, whether you might be eligible, and how you can apply to get the work done.

There are many things that may qualify for repairs under this program. Grant funds can help with repairs on bathrooms, kitchens, the installation of smoke detectors, insulation, painting, roof repairs and replacement, floors, ceiling walls, cabinets, doors, handrails, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and more. It might even help you with your septic tank or a well problem too. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you simply contact the county’s offices that handle the program and apply.

Don’t just assume you don't qualify, the income eligibility is not as low as you might expect. For a household of one, the maximum allowable income is $39,150. If you have eight people in your home, you can make as much as $73,800 and still be eligible. Each stage in between has a different amount that you'd check against a simple chart. Your income eligibility is valid for six months from the date that you apply.

Besides your income, you need to meet the following requirements. You must own the home and have lived in the home for at least 18 months. Also, you must be willing to sign a lien equal to the amount of assistance that is provided to improve your home. If you answer yes to these questions and meet the income eligibility requirements, you may be ready to move ahead with the application process.

To see the entire eligibility requirements, CLICK HERE. To see exactly how you can apply, you can call someone with Lexington County at (803) 785-8121 or e-mail them at

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144