top of page
Mid story.PNG

Family displaced by house fire on Boy Scout Road Saturday afternoon

Gaston, SC (Paul Kirby) – A family was displaced after their home burned on Boy Scout Road near Gaston Saturday afternoon. The fire was reported about 2:14 p.m. bringing fire resources from across the southern end of Lexington County.

Firefighters found flames coming from the ridge of the roof and heavy smoke pouring from the home when they arrived. As more firefighters and equipment pulled up, they suited up, formed teams, and entered the burning home to attack the fire. A battalion chief arrived and took over command of the operation. The second battalion chief from the North Region eventually pulled up and assisted with firefighter accountability and safety procedures. An EMS unit and a specially equipped firefighter rehab truck was on the scene helping the crews who were fighting fire in the high ambient heat. It didn’t take the teams long to bring the fire under control. One firefighters was transported to a medical facility to be treated for a heat related illness.

The utility company responded to secure the power line running to the home. The American Red Cross was notified to assist the family because the home was damaged to the extent that it couldn’t be lived in. The cause of the fire hasn’t been released by Lexington County.

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

bottom of page