top of page
Top of page.PNG

Lexington County can help low and moderate income residents with home repairs

Lexington, SC (Paul Kirby) – If you, or someone you know, needs some home repairs but simply can’t afford to do them, you may be in luck. The County of Lexington has a Homeowner Rehabilitation Program to assist low to moderate income Lexington County residents improve the appearance and safety of their homes.

This program utilizes federal grant funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Usually, assistance will typically be granted for repairs amounting to $25,000 or less. Funds will be awarded on a first-come/first-served basis for eligible applicants. Funds will generally be granted as deferred forgivable loans.

Don’t just automatically assume you don’t qualify. You may go to work every day, pay your bills on time, and take care of your family. Remember, this program is also for people with moderate incomes. People that make enough to get by but may not have enough left to take on home repairs after they go through their paycheck may be eligible.

There are some guidelines that must be met in order to be deemed eligible for the program. You can find a prequalification form on Lexington County’s website that you can print and mail in. It includes simple questions like how many people live in the home, what’s your income, and what type of repairs need to be made.

Many types of homes may be eligible. Even mobile homes may qualify if they meet certain criteria. Remember, this is a program for a homeowner that lives in the home and not someone who’s using it as a rental property. The link to the County of Lexington’s website page explaining this program can be found by clicking this LINK.

If you decide to participate, you can print the form by following the link above and filling it out completely. Then mail it to County of Lexington Community Development – Grant Programs Division 212 South Lake Drive, Suite 401 Lexington, South Carolina 29072. You can also call that office at (803) 785-8121 for more information.

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

bottom of page