Home heavily damaged near Round Hill by fire Saturday
Round Hill, SC (Paul Kirby) – A two story home in the 100 block of Alcott Court was heavily damaged by fire Saturday. The fire that started about mid-day was dispatched as a dryer fire. When the first battalion chief arrived, he could tell by the color and movement of the smoke pushing out of the eaves that it had extended further into the structure.
Firefighters went on an aggressive attack to locate the seat of the fire. Once they located that upstairs, water was applied to the base of the fire to bring that under control. Then, they had to start opening access to the attack and ventilating that space in order to find any lingering hotspots. They were eventually able to find all of those and ensure the fire was completely out. During the entire fire, personnel from Lexington County EMS were on standby at the fire scene.
Although the teams had a great knockdown on the fire, smoke and water damages displaced the family. Later, the American Red Cross was notified and was working with the family to help them through the initial stages of the loss.
The County of Lexington has not released any estimate of the damages that were done to the home. No one appeared to be injured as a result of the fire.