New Logo.PNG

Fort Jackson has two more confirmed case of COVID-19

Columbia, SC - Fort Jackson has confirmed they have two more cases of COVID-19 as a result of contact tracing. "Everyone's health and safety is my first concern and we started the contact tracing immediately," said Fort Jackson Commander Brig. Gen. Milford H. Beagle, Jr. "As a result, there are two more COVID-19 cases in 3rd battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment." Both are in isolation and receiving necessary medical care. They will not return to duty until medically cleared. All the areas they visited are being sanitized and the Fort Jackson public health team will continue to identify anyone else who may have been exposed. They have been allowed to call home.

"I am grateful for everyone's patience and empathy over the last month as we have been fighting the spread of COVID-19," said Beagle. "We need to continue to work together and help each other as we navigate through this health emergency."

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144