Mobile home burns to the ground Tuesday afternoon east of Gaston
Gaston, SC (Paul Kirby) – A mobile home off Pine Plain Road had already caved in when someone finally found it burning and notified the fire service Tuesday afternoon. Fire and EMS were dispatched, but when they arrived, they reported that the mobile home was, “on the ground.” It had been burning so long it had already collapsed prior to the firefighters’ arrival.
The battalion chief that was first due took command and had some trucks come in to water down the collapsed home. They had to haul water in due to a lack of fire hydrants.
The second due chief began moving trucks and manpower around to cover some of the stations that were committed to the fire. Eventually, the smoldering debris was extinguished, and the firefighters were able to leave the scene.
Lexington County hasn’t said if they know what started the fire. They also have not indicated if the home was being lived in. It was obviously a total loss.