top of page
Mid Page.png

Kitchen fire in South Congaree displaces two

South Congaree, SC (Paul Kirby) – A reported kitchen fire in a mobile home displaced its two residents Saturday in The Town of South Congaree. The fire occurred in the 1300 block of Pine Street. This is close to the Platt Springs Baptist Church just past Dolphin Court near Jayne Lane.

Firefighters from the Lexington County Fire Service responded as did an ambulance from Lexington County’s EMS. The fire was put out quickly and it did not appear as if anyone was injured.

Even though firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, the heat and smoke damaged the home to the point that it was no longer habitable as of Saturday. The battalion chief from the fire service asked that the American Red Cross be notified. Their team began assisting the residents in the early phases of the recovery from this tragedy.

Call the Editor
(803) 587-3144

Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with total hits of 966,512 to date

Call Paul Kirby

(803) 587-3144

bottom of page