Lexington, SC 11/09/2022 - Keep the Midlands Beautiful is pleased to announce our Gala for a Greener Midlands to be held the evening of Tuesday, December 6, 2022. This is our first in-person gala and awards ceremony since 2019 and promises to be a special evening. Purchase tickets and learn more about sponsorship opportunities at https://kmbsc.org to support a cleaner, greener
community and those who volunteer their time to make it one.
Keep the Midlands Beautiful relies on dedicated volunteers and generous partners to make a difference in the Midlands.
Each year we recognize community members and partners who invoke our mission by engaging, inspiring, and
encouraging Midlands citizens to recycle responsibly, prevent litter, and beautify their surroundings. The 2022 honorees
listed below will be celebrated at the December 6 Gala for a Greener Midlands.
• Adopt-A-Highway Group of the Year / Richland County -- In Memory of Mike O’Connell (MOMO), Group
Leader: Gilbert Snyder
• Adopt-A-Highway Group of the Year / Lexington County -- Litter Warriors, Group Leader: Rebecca Murphy
• Adopt-A-Street Group of the Year -- Columbia Fireflies, Group Leader: Halle Wade
• Adopt-A-Waterway Group of the Year -- Wateree Dive Center, Group Leader: Andy Ogburn
• Green Elected Official Award -- Ms. Chakisse Newton, Richland County Council
• Green Government Partner Award -- Lexington County, Solid Waste Management & Community Development
• Green Non-profit Organization Award -- Serve and Connect
• Green Outstanding Business Award -- Shred With Us
• Green Outstanding Educator Award -- Tracy Huaying Jiang, East Point Academy
• Green Outstanding Media Partner Award -- Dawndy Mercer Plank, WISTV
To learn more about Keep the Midlands Beautiful, to volunteer with us or to donate, go to https://kmbsc.org.